Tuesday 18 March 2014

Everything Is Bigger in the US

Philadelphia2-650x408

Here is my morning view from the top floor of my hotel in Philadelphia. The sunrise behind us is mirrored in a skyscraper.

The obesity conference started yesterday and I’ve just finished my two talks. I think they went well.

I’ve also done a couple of interviews – so far with Jeff Volek and Eugene Fine. I’ve put together a very promising studio in my hotel room. If picture and sound don’t turn out well with all this equipment (Canon 5DMkIII, 60D, XA10, Sennheiser microphones and special lighting equipment) I’ve done something wrong. Unfortunately, this may happen when you’re playing camera man, sound technician and interviewer at the same time.

Have a look at the conference program and suggest who you think I should interview and what topics to cover. Please leave your suggestion in the comments below.

On a different note, everything really is bigger in the US. Not just the view, but also the people. It’s obvious that they’re struggling with even worse food and are facing an even worse uphill battle.

I started my first days at the hotel gym. There were (as there usually are in the US) ten times more people using stepper machines and exercise bikes than people lifting weights. When you eat what is common food in this country you have to exercise fat burning for hours to keep thin. It is literally an uphill battle. 

Greetings from San Diego

“I was Wrong, You Were Right”

Interview: Good Food is Good Medicine

Paleo Interview with Professor Cordain

Hundreds of Low-Carb Doctors

The Obesity Conference in Denver

The Real Cause of Obesity

Eggs & Bacon at the Obesity Conference

What Happens in Vegas…

Toward Las Vegas and the Obesity Symposium


View the original article here